Hope Curtis Hicks
Hope Hicks is a shareholder with Webb & Eley, where she concentrates much of her practice on workers’ compensation issues. Her client roster ranges from small businesses to large corporations, and includes members of a wide variety of industries such as construction, forestry, healthcare, nursing homes, and city and county governments.
In addition to her defense work on behalf of these clients, Hope provides training on how to properly handle workers compensation claims, covering the initial reporting and investigation through the development of policies that allow injured employees to return to work. She also speaks to various groups on ways to minimize on-the-job injuries and the severity of the resulting claims.
Mediation has become an integral part of workers’ compensation cases. For many years this was done almost exclusively through the State of Alabama’s Ombudmen Program. However, it is becoming more and more difficult to get workers’ compensation cases mediated in a timely manner due to the decline in the number of Ombudsmen available through the state. As a result Hope often mediates workers’ compensation cases to help the parties navigate a satisfactory resolution of their disputes.
Hope is married and is a member of First United Methodist Church, where she serves as chairperson of the Council on Ministries and as a member of the Administrative Board and Executive Committee. She also volunteers her time with a number of local organizations, including Habitat For Humanity and Family Promise.
- Workers Compensation
- Insurance Defense Law
- Appellate Practice
- Employment Law
- Local Government Law
- Land Use Law
- B.S., Huntingdon College, 1994
- J.D., Jones School of Law, 1997
- Alabama State Bar
Memberships and Affiliations
- Alabama Workers’ Compensation Organization
- Alabama Self Insurers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Montgomery Claims Association
- American Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Law Clerk, Honorable Sarah Greenhaw, 15th Judicial Circuit (1998 - 1999)
- Chairperson, Council on Ministries; Member, Administrative Board and Executive Committee, First United Methodist Church of Montgomery
- Volunteer, Family Promise
- Volunteer, Habitat For Humanity
- Volunteer, Montgomery Cancer Wellness Foundation
- Volunteer, Rebuilding Together